2.0 fails to build on debian testing

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Nov 14 18:38:09 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:46, alex at bofh.net.pl said:

> I'm trying to build 2.0 on testing with configure --enable-mailto
> --enable-symcryptrun --disable-photo-viewers --enable-selinux-support
> as this is a remote system for all users.

Sid and thus tetsing is seriously broken in regard to libpth.  There
are changes in 2.0.7 which I don't understand.  They have changed the
API without renaming the library.  libpth does now do soft mapping of
all system calls (like #define write pth_write) by default.  I can't
see why they did this change.

A workaround is to put

#define PTH_SYSCALL_SOFT 0

into config.h

I do not want to change this in GnuPG as it is Debian's fault.  The
maintainer has not yet answered so I consider filing an RC bug.

Shalom-Salam,