gpg winsock versions

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 13 10:39:37 CEST 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 00:01, Lee Fisher said:

> Gpg's WinSock version requirements are unclear.
> I assume they should be 2.x, since winsock2.h is included.

I can't see that we include winsock2.h.  We only include windows.h.

> gnupg-1.9.22/jnlib/w32-pth.c
> if (WSAStartup(0x202, &wsadat))

I am not sure why 2.2 is required.  Timo, might now.

For the other code 1.1 has always worked.

> gnupg-1.9.22/agent/preset-passphrase.c
> WSAStartup(0x202, &wsadat);

This was a quick hack to make it work.  There is a comment indicating
that we need to do some other things.  The w32 port of gnupg2 is not
very matured yet.

I have added error detection.

Shalom-Salam,