Error building gnupg-1.9.23 (undefined references)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 19 16:15:07 CEST 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 06:46, Robby Workman said:

> Just when I get everything up and running, you guys go and release new
> versions of stuff  :)

More are to follow :-)

> : undefined reference to `gcry_xmalloc'
> ../jnlib/libjnlib.a(stringhelp.o)(.text+0x4c2): In function

Ah well. We newd to add stubs to get rid of the libgcrypt
requirements.  Either you link all these modules also to libgcrypt
(-lgcrypt should be sufficient) or you copy tools/no-libgcrypt.c to
keyserver/ and add it to the foo_SOURCES lines.  I just did that in
the SVN.

> This is using make -j1 (well, just 'make' really), as attempting to
> build with -j(>1) occasionally fails to create libcommon.a before it's

Thankls.  That is a missing dependency.  I'll put it on my TODO list.

> Also, I thought you might want to know about these compiler warnings
> issued while building pinentry-0.7.2:

> In file included from /usr/include/gtk-1.2/gdk/gdki18n.h:32,
>                  from gtksecentry.c:42:
> /usr/include/glib-1.2/glib.h:1697: warning: declaration of 'index'
> shadows a global declaration

glib uses "index" as a parameter name but "index" is also a old-style
standard C function.  Very common problem.  Swapping include lines
often helps.

Shalom-Salam,