DSA2

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue Sep 26 14:34:47 CEST 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 12:23:41PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:

> One should always ask the question: How would I attack a system?  Then
> it will soon be clear that breaking RSA or finding a second pre-image
> for SHA-1 is not the way any sane attacker would go.

Yes.  Most discussion of algorithms and key sizes and hashes these
days are not particularly meaningful in the real world.  There is an
odd assumption that the other factors in the system are axiomatically
secure.

It's the castle that has a million-mile-high wall with spikes... and a
cardboard door.

David