Is this possible ??

Patrick Brunschwig patrick at mozilla-enigmail.org
Tue Apr 24 11:46:01 CEST 2007

Greg Troxel wrote:
> M Hoeller <M_Hoeller at nurfuerspam.de> writes:
>
>> Hello Werner,
>>
>> I am, in some kind, happy to here this. But what could be the reason that
>> the manual imported certificate works fine, as longs as no other signed
>> mail was recieved?
>> Can you, or the other experts (sorry don't want to be rude when I address
>> this to Werner) difintely exclude that KMail/gpgsm is the source of the
>> problem that Thunderbird sends RC2 encrypted mails back?
>
> This is really a problem which needs to be debugged in Thunderbird.
> First, thunderbird probably should not even have RC2 support, and second
> it should only use it as a last resort.

Any RC2 algorithms, as well as any support for SSL2 are disabled by
default in Thunderbird, since they are no longer considered secure. To
enable RC2, you have to set the following preferences to true (I don't
know which one would actually be used for S/MIME):

security.ssl2.rc2_128
security.ssl2.rc2_40
security.ssl3.rsa_rc2_40_md5

You might also set the following parameter to true:
security.enable_ssl2

-Patrick