Autotools => CMake?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Feb 9 10:16:46 CET 2007

On Fri,  9 Feb 2007 00:32, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> Is there any interest in converting the 1.4.x series away from
> Autotools as a build system and towards CMake?  CMake is a FOSS build

No chance.  We won't replace a matured system by something new for new
good reason.  GnuPG is known to build on several dozens of platforms,
something KDE can't say of it (well some of the systems do not have a
Gui for example).

> it possible to use native compilers on Win32, which would simplify
> the bootstrap-from-Win32 process immensely.

I am not inetrested in supporting a toolchain on Windows.  Did that in
the past with other projects and it is a major headache.  Cross-
building is the clean solution.

Salam-Shalom,