[gpgme] threadsafe?

Stephan Menzel smenzel at gmx-gmbh.de
Tue Feb 13 13:32:09 CET 2007

Hi Guys,

I'd just like to know if libgpgme when used to check S/MIME Signatures is
threadsafe from within an application when several threads may check using
the same engine and database and whatever but each thread got it's own

gpgme_ctx_t _ctx;

gpgme_new(&_ctx));

and

gpgme_release(_ctx);

after use.
That should mean, that each of those contexts is only used once and released
afterwards.
There are no data structures I could see that are shared among the threads.
Could the still be a problem when several threads use the lib simultaneously
or does the context capsule it sufficiently?

Thanks for your help and greetings...

Stephan