[Macgpg-users] GnuPG v2.0.2 MAC OS install - TESTING NEEDED!

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Sat Feb 17 14:36:42 CET 2007

Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> No patches were needed to any of the code and only libgcrypt's config.h
> needed a minor edit for endian issues with the fat build.

Unfortunately, gpg v2.0.2 does not appear to recognise the option
pcsc-driver anymore:

$ gpg2 --pcsc-driver /System/Library/Frameworks/PCSC.framework/PCSC
--card-status
gpg: Invalid option "--pcsc-driver"

Despite the following in the man page:

--pcsc-driver file
Use  file to access the smartcard reader. The current default is
`libpcsclite.so.1'   for    GLIBC    based    systems,    `/Sys-
tem/Library/Frameworks/PCSC.framework/PCSC'  for MAC OS X, `win-
scard.dll' for Windows and `libpcsclite.so' for other systems.

Neither scdaemon:

/* The card dirver we use by default for PC/SC.  */
#if defined(HAVE_W32_SYSTEM) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
#define DEFAULT_PCSC_DRIVER "winscard.dll"
#elif defined(__GLIBC__)
#define DEFAULT_PCSC_DRIVER "libpcsclite.so.1"
#else
#define DEFAULT_PCSC_DRIVER "libpcsclite.so"
#endif

... or pcsc-wrapper correctly default correctly on the Mac:

#define DEFAULT_PCSC_DRIVER "libpcsclite.so"

This shouldn't matter if you are using a CCID compliant smartcard reader
as TEST1 was compiled with libusb support (Though this still needs
testing).  However, if you are using a PCSC smartcard reader please
download the newly patched TEST2 at
http://www.py-soft.co.uk/~benjamin/download/mac-gpg/mac-gnupg-2.0.2-TEST2.zip

Werner et al - any chance the source could please be patched for MacOS,
or support for the pcsc-driver option returned?

Ben