[GPGME] gpgme data buffer not showing any data

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Jan 13 17:39:19 CET 2007

At Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:55:51 +0100,
Christian Biere <christianbiere at gmx.de> wrote:

> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > At Sun, 7 Jan 2007 01:15:18 +0000,
> > Garrett Kajmowicz <gkajmowi at tbaytel.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm trying to push some data into a gogme_data_t buffer from an object and I'm
> > > not having any luck.  The following code should return 8, but insted I'm
> > > getting -1.  Please advise as to what I am missing.
> >
> > http://gnupg.unixmexico.org/faq/gpgme-faq.html.de
> >
> > Why does the function gpgme_data_seek not work?
>
> > Note that you have to compile your program with largefile support even
> > if you do not use gpgme_data_seek, because file descriptors are
> > exchanged between the program and GPGME.
>
> For what it's worth, the header file could possibly include something like
>
> #if defined(_FILE_OFFSET_BITS) && _FILE_OFFSET_BITS != 64
> #error "API mismatch; largefile support is mandatory"
> #endif
>
> That's just a raw sketch of course.

In principle, yes, but this would mean that gpgme.h needs to be
generated by configure, which has the relevant tests what needs to
happen for large file support (and knows if it was switched off
deliberately).  Making these changes and testing them(!) is quite a
hassle.  Yet, it's one of the main problems that people have these
days when using GPGME, so it's worth considering.

Thanks,
Marcus