gnupg 2.0.5: make check fails for x86_64

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jul 10 08:45:20 CEST 2007

On Mon,  9 Jul 2007 19:49, alon.barlev at gmail.com said:

> I am fine with any solution which makes the tests succeed... :)
> There are advantages for each approach...
> But if a user prefer to use a valid timezone as TAI timezone you
> should support this.

Please help me to duplicate the problem.  I simply can't.

t-gettime.c tests the back and forth conversion between gmtime(3) and
timegm(3).  From my understanding the locale won't matter.  The input is
a time_t which is a specific way to describe the number of seconds since
Epoch.  That number should be returned by timegm.

The problem seems to be that you are using the timegm emulation in
jnlib/mischelp.c which uses mktime and a TZ=UTC.  To me this seems to be
correct interpretation of POSIX.  Only localtime(3) should take TAI or
any other conversion into acount.

What is your environment?  echo "$TZ"; zdump UTC
What OS and libc are you using?
Is HAVE_TIMEGM defined in your config.h?

Salam-Shalom,