Some bits about SCdaemon

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Mar 5 19:55:21 CET 2007

Hi,

For the GUUG [1] spring conference, I wrote an article on the design
of the SCdaemon, GnuPG-2's module to access smartcards:

  For GnuPG 2.0 a new framework to access smart cards has been
  developed.  It is based on a daemon process and designed as a
  replacement for the PC/SC architecture.  The problems of PC/SC as
  and the new solution are described.  The new API as well as an
  introduction on how supporting code for new smart cards needs to be
  written is given.  Further we briefly describe a PKCS\#11 connector
  based on this API.

Get it from:   http://g10code.com/docs/scdaemon-ffg2007.pdf

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner