Injecting Status-fd output

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Mar 9 09:38:27 CET 2007

On Thu,  8 Mar 2007 17:12, nicholas.cole at gmail.com said:

> Interesting.  I hadn't realised this.  I've been using the popen2
> module in python, which seems to break this, even if I disable
> buffering.  I can't seem to find a way of calling gpg that would let
> me take advantage of whatever it is trying to do.

Hmmm.  Marcus, can you look at our gpgme code and explain how we
handle it there.

> and put [GNUPG PLAINTEXT] at the front of each.

For binary messages it will be some work for applications to filter it
out again.  But yes, I agree that this will work.  Modulo that some
folks will immediately complain that in-band signalling is Bad Idea ;-)

Salam-Shalom,