gpgsm 1.9.22 supports no RC2 Algorithm ?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 9 13:54:52 CEST 2007

On Tue,  8 May 2007 17:09, nsushkin at sushkins.net said:

> accepting NULLs, so I guess it will work out for now. Hope all the clients
> will be trying to get into compliance with the RFC.

Recall that X.509 is not defined by an RFC.  PKIX is just one profile of
X.509.  There are myriads of other profiles.  If you want something
better defined than X.509 you should use OpenPGP ;-)

> Also, I noticed that the last interop test was done in 2005 and Thunderbird
> was not included. Was that a German government requirement to do the test
> or industry initiative? Hopefully we will see more tests in the future.

These tests are due to a governement initiative to help making different
implementations work together.

Salam-Shalom,