import of external certificates via command line

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Thu Oct 18 21:49:05 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 11:34, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:23, jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de said:
> > I wonder whether there is a way to import an external certificate (found
> > with gpgsm --list-external-keys  MyName
> > ) via command line ... ?
>
> Just use it within a couple of hours after --list-external-keys.  You
> can list these certifciates:
>
>   gpg --with-ephemeral --list-keys

yes, I can see the certificate (using gpgsm, not gpg, of course).

> By using them, they are made permanent.

How do I do this? I tried to encrypt something to this ID
but gpgsm says it is an unknown key.
I exported the key successfully, but this did not make it permanent.
Then I imported it successfully.

Wouldn't it make sense to have --recv-keys implemented
for gpgsm with the method to search a key and then import it?
Currently, --recv-keys says it is not implemented.

Best

	Jan

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner                                   Intevation GmbH