Need Help backporting from 1.4.9 to 1.4.7

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Fri Apr 11 15:31:23 CEST 2008

Selon Debabrata Das <mca_debu at yahoo.co.in>:

> Hi All,
>
> Currently we are using GnuPG 1.4.7 which is under GPL V2 on HP-UX ,but we
> came to know that there is a security vulnerability on GnuPG 1.4.8 & earlier
> version.Since Gnupg 1.4.9 is under GPL V3 & we don't want to move to  product
> under GPL v3.Can you please tell us if it is  permissible to back port  all
> the changes  made to GnuPg 1.4.9 on to Gnupg 1.4.7.

1.4.9 announce state that :
"...
Version 1.4.9.  This is a maintenance release to fix a possible
vulnerability introduced with 1.4.8.
..."

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-announce/2008q1/000272.html

So my understanding is that 1.4.7 is not vulnerable to the problem fixed in
1.4.9.

Please use a meaningfull title the next time.

Gilles