No Hidden-Recipient support in GPGME?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Aug 28 09:59:46 CEST 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:08, buanzo at buanzo.com.ar said:

> I wonder... will hidden-recipient support be implemented into GPGME... ever?

That would require a new feature in gpgme to mark a key as hidden.  Due
to the reference counting we use with key objects we would at least need
a deep copy operation for keys and a function to set such a flag.

Do you really think that this is required?

What we could add far easier is an encryption flags which sets the
--throw-keyid option of gpg and thus all recipients would be hidden.

Salam-Shalom,

Linux-Kongress 2008 + Hamburg + October 7-10 + www.linux-kongress.org