sig help

REX NUFER RNufer at wakemed.org
Fri Dec 5 15:49:11 CET 2008

I'm trying to download and install GPG.  I've downloaded the files I need.  The readme's all say I should verify the file by running sha1sum.exe against the tar files I've downloaded.  They say to use the value in the *.sig file to compare the output against.  But I can't read the *.sig file.  How to I view that file?  Does it need to be converted in some way?  Thanks in advance.

Rex Nufer

WakeMed Confidentiality Notice:

This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure, or distribution of this
message and attachments is strictly prohibited.