GnuPG feature suggestion

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 12 08:47:43 CET 2008

Am Samstag, 6. Dezember 2008 02:21:02 schrieb gline:
> I believe the addition of a secure file shredding application with GnuPG
> (particularly the windows version) would increase the application's
> robustness.  What do you think?

I believe that crypto and the problem of securely deleting files form a
filesystem media are completely different problems.
So no, I would not wish to have this come with GnuPG itself.
You could phrase a wish to the www.gpg4win.org packaging effort
to see if they would take up a different application for file deletion.
Note that another interesting approach is to use crypto file systems and just
delete the keys when you are done. Is much easier than to wipe a disc.

Bernhard