Doing --batch --lsign of a subset of uids in multiple keys (each with many uids)

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at gentoo.org
Sun Dec 21 08:19:51 CET 2008

I'm trying to add a local signature to a subset of uids (those matching
@gentoo.org) for each key in a large keyring (~570 keys right now).

The docs need some clearing up. There seems to be no way to select a
specific uid (not key, but the uid). Basically an analogue of being able
to select which subkey (basically "0xDEADBEEF!").

"gpg --lsign IDENTIFIER" only seems to let me choose the overall key,
not which uid I'd like to sign, and assumes that I want to sign all
uids, which isn't the case.

doc/DETAILS doesn't seem to contain anything on using command-fd with
edit-key either.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy