GPG & Floating point?

Bernd Eckenfels lists at lina.inka.de
Wed Jan 9 07:19:22 CET 2008

Hallo Werner,

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:33:04AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> Do you know whether the low level stuff (/dev/ncp?, asm?) is usable from
> user land?  It would be interwsting to add support for the T1/T2 to
> libgcrypt.  There is already assembler stuff for VIA's padlock and a
> framework to add other extensions is available.

I know there is a openssl and java crypto engine for T1/T2 so it should be
possible. I am a Java guy (now) and dont know about the C interfaces.
However it looks like the Solaris Crypto Framework which can be used by
usermode is somewhat PKCS#11 based.

Easiest would be to use the Solaris openssl version with pkcs11 support
(libcrypto.so) but that might be a licensing problem?

http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0306/819-5782.pdf

Sorry for not having more information, however I could maybe give you some
internal sun contact if you like, Werner.

Greetings
Bernd