[Announce] GPGME 1.1.6 released

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jan 10 05:41:47 CET 2008

At Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:32:05 +0200,
"Alon Bar-Lev" <alon.barlev at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/4/08, Marcus Brinkmann <marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> > Mmh.  Did you specify gpg2 as default gpg for gpgme?  And did it ask
>
> /usr/bin/gpg is link to /usr/bin/gpg2, gpgme configuration detect the
> correct version.

gpg2 does not seem to support passing the passphrase via the command
fd, and requires the use of a pinentry program.  I added a dummy
pinentry program to gpgme and a configuration file for gpg-agent to
use it.  You might try the SVN version again and see if that works for
you (it does for me).

The gpgsm problem is actually a bug in gpgsm's default qualified.txt
file, where the last two entries miss the country code.  I filed a
report for that, so it will be fixed soon.

Thanks,
Marcus