gnupg-2.0.8 - regression - double free

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 11 17:04:10 CET 2008

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:30, alon.barlev at gmail.com said:

> People work hard to reproduce this issue, and find the cause... You
> can work with them or against them.

That is good and appreciated.

However it is ineffective to report bugs only for one distribution.  For
one an upstream author can't follow all bug trackers of all
GNU/Linux,Solaris,*BSD,etc. distributions.  And second, fixing or
talking about a bug within one distro excludes all those who have a
similar problem but using a different distribution.

Thus, if you encounter an upstream bug and you are somewhat convinced
that it is not distribution specific, please report it to upstream and
set a pointer into the distro's BTS to that bug report.  The GnuPG BTS
even has an URL field to backlink it to the first reporter's BTS.

> I removed you from the CC, after all this bug is not gnupg related, so
> its contents is indeed meaningless to you guys.

Thanks.

> Masked this version out, so people will not use it.

I don't understand this, seems to be Gentoo specific.

Salam-Shalom,