[Announce] GPGME 1.1.6 released

Igor Belyi gpgme at katehok.ac93.org
Sun Jan 13 18:50:52 CET 2008

Just my couple cents.

Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> How do you expect we push this to users this way?
> We will get a lot of bugs opened by users who find this, wasting our time.
> Please release a new version or official patch (it is the same thing).
>
> Alon.

The beauty of GPL is that if you as a maintainer of Gentoo package think
that Gentoo will be better of with the behavior changed you are free to
do that. Debian package maintainers do that all the time - they get
upstream source and then keep bunch of patches to make it Debian
friendly or to have fixes for their user faster. Yes, if number of those
patches grows too much - you have a problem and may need to take care of
pushing them back to the mainstream or in extreme cases fork out the
whole product. You basically, need to decide where's your efforts are
better spend - trying to convince upstream maintainer or maintain this
patch compatible with next releases.

In short, there's no point in getting personal (even if a person is a
distro). You have an editor and a compiler, right? That's all you need!

Cheers,
Igor