assuan external loop over socket

Ben Kibbey bjk at luxsci.net
Sat Jan 19 18:52:11 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 05:00:31PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > I did find another use
> > in my app for external IO over a socket, so the sooner this feature can
> > get added, the better. :)
>
> Did you consider not using assuan_transact for asynchronous operations
> a la GPGME?  Even if this is not the best solution, it would help me
> if you could say that doing so would address your use case completely,
> or if you see other interfaces to be affected.

Basically I don't want a client to wait for a command to complete on the
server. As it is now, my client uses assuan_transact() to send the
command and then has to wait for a result. The command is a key
retrieval via pinentry and may take some time to complete.

Are you recommending using GPGME or just async IO like GPGME? If I were
to select() on the socket FD I would just use assuan_write_line() and
assuan_read_line() and do the parsing myself?

Thanks,

--
Benjamin J. Kibbey bjk at luxsci.net/jabber/freenode
3019 F5FC AA33 5BC7 BE9F 09D2 393E DBD2 40D5 FA7E