question about setting options with gpgme

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jul 4 10:45:52 CEST 2008

On Friday 04 July 2008 10:28, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu,  3 Jul 2008 20:13, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> > I've probably missed it: Is there a possibility to do symmetric crypto
> > operations over gpgme?
>
> Pass NULL instead of an array of recipients to the encrypt function:
>
>   If @var{recp} is @code{NULL}, symmetric rather than public key
>   encryption is performed.  Symmetrically encrypted cipher text can be
>   deciphered with @code{gpgme_op_decrypt}.  Note that in this case the
>   crypto backend needs to retrieve a passphrase from the user.
>   Symmetric encryption is currently only supported for the OpenPGP
>   crypto backend.

Arg, I've tried to look for it in the documentation and must have fumbled (it
was very hot in the office yesterday). :(
I had looked into the section 3 Protocols and Engines as well as 4 Algorithms,
therefore I would suggest to add a small hint towards symmetric to section 4.

Thanks!

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)