sending large bulk data with assuan

Phil Sutter sutter at informatik.hs-furtwangen.de
Thu Jul 24 15:06:37 CEST 2008

Hi!

I want to send about 3.5kBytes of bulk data using assuan_send_data() on
the server side. On client side this is triggered using
assuan_transact() and a data callback function.

The problem here is the callback function only receives the first line
of data (996 Bytes). Though when I talk assuan directly to the server
(i.e. executing it and typing the commands manually) I get four lines of
data (prefixed with "D") and then a final "OK".

The data being transfered is just a long string of (uppercase) hex
chars, so no escaping should be necessary.

Do you have any idea why this happens or what I'm doing wrong? Sadly,
the Assuan Infopage isn't too verbose about this particular topic, and
searching the GnuPG code didn't reveal any special magic when doing bulk
data transfers.

Greetings, Phil