"constructive criticism of GPG"

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 12 18:10:16 CET 2008

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 02:00, erictetz at gmail.com said:

> time users. What the user sees is AN EXAMPLE OF PROPER FORM, followed
> by A PROMPT: the intuitive response is to follow the example. It's a

You have a point here; gpg orginally aimed for the avaerage hacker and
not for the casual user.  Most users today use a GUI where different
prompts are presented.  The old bug report you mentioned is pretty out
of date and listed a lot of things most of them have changed in the
meantime.

I think we should change the prompts. That needs to be done carefully to
not break all translations.

Salam-Shalom,