[Announce] GPGME 1.1.7 released

Igor Belyi gpgme at katehok.ac93.org
Tue Nov 25 03:15:31 CET 2008

I've replied without paying attention to where this message is sent
and as a result sent it to announce list instead of the devel one.
Reposting it here now.

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> We are pleased to announce version 1.1.7 of GnuPG Made Easy,

I have a small comment regarding one Windows specific change between
1.1.6 and 1.1.7 which is not listed in the announcement.

While investigating why new gpgme returns me "GPGME: Invalid crypto
engine" error I found out that now instead of spawing gpg.exe directly
it relies on gpgme-w32spawn.exe being installed with GnuPG.
The latest gpg4win does not have this program and as a result,
gpgme-1.1.7 can't be used with it at all.

First, it would be nice to have that incompatibility documented.

Second, it would be nice if gpgme falls back to spawning gpg directly in
case gpgme-w32spawn.exe is not available at least for couple of next
versions unless there's a very good reason for it not to.

Cheers,
Igor