Problem building GnuPG 2.0.9 for Windows

Bill Foster bfoster at clearwire.net
Thu Oct 2 16:59:15 CEST 2008

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu,  2 Oct 2008 15:15, bfoster at clearwire.net said:
>

>> -L~/w32root/lib -lgcrypt -lgpg-error -L~/w32root/lib
>>

> Did you set the w32root envvar?  It seems that it does not get expanded
> and ld can't expand the tilde hack.  The code in autogen.sh is:
>
>     [ -z "$w32root" ] && w32root="$HOME/w32root"
>     echo "Using $w32root as standard install directory" >&2
>
> Either unset w32root or use
>
>   w32root="$HOME/w32root"
>   export w32root
>
> That should help.
>

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>    Werner

Thank-you for your response, Mr. Koch.
I'm afraid I misled you into thinking that the tilde symbol was actually
a part of the error message.
I replaced each occurrence of '/home/bill' with '~' in my post, merely
for brevity's sake. And I now regret doing so.
Lesson learned (the hard way, as usual).

-Bill Foster