multiple '.text' sections found with different attributes (E0000020) in libksba.dll.a

Yunfeng yunxin.li at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:24:54 CEST 2008

hi

Sorry

Forget to attach the explanation of the LNK4078

Error Message

multiple 'section name' sections found with different attributes

LINK found two or more sections that have the same name but different
attributes.

This warning can be caused by an import library or exports file that was
created by a previous version of LINK or LIB.

Recreate the file and relink.

According to the msdn . I should relink the libksba.dll.a . how to do it
under Debian.

yunfeng

sender: Yunfeng [mailto:Yunxin.li at Gmail.com]
time: Fri, 3 October , 2008 PM 2:07
recipients: 'Gnupg-devel at gnupg.org'
subject: multiple '.text' sections found with different attributes
(E0000020) in libksba.dll.a

Hi everyone

When I add the libksba.dll.a to vs2003.

It gives me these warning:

libksba.lib(d000063.o) : warning LNK4078: multiple '.text' sections found
with different attributes (E0000020)

libksba.lib(d000063.o) : warning LNK4078: multiple '.text' sections found
with different attributes (E0000020)

libksba.lib(d000063.o) : warning LNK4078: multiple '.text' sections found
with different attributes (E0000020)

then I debug my program. It give me a exception:

Access violation reading location 0xffffffff.

If I remove the libksba.dll.a, my program can run correctly.

Can anyone tell me how to fix the multiple sections problems?

thanks

Yunfeng