gpgme verify

Florian Schwind f.schwind at chili-radiology.com
Mon Oct 6 09:32:17 CEST 2008

Bill Foster wrote:
> Florian Schwind wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have some trouble with gpgme on windows. Verifying signatures with:
>>
>> gpgme_verify_result_t result;
>> result = gpgme_op_verify_result(ctx);
>>
>> I always get:
>>
>> result->signatures->validity = GPGME_VALIDITY_UNKNOWN
>>
>> though my gpg console application says that trust and validity are
>> ultimate:
>>
>> pub  1024D/D4FACAEA  created: 2008-08-08  expires: never       usage: SC
>>                      trust: ultimate      validity: ultimate
>> sub  2048g/BAA684AE  created: 2008-08-08  expires: never       usage: E
>> [ultimate] (1). MailTest Two (test two) <two at mailtest.de>
>>
>> The same keyring on linux works and shows GPGME_VALIDITY_FULL. (Just
>> wondering why it isn't GPGME_VALIDITY_ULTIMATE ?)
>>
>> Someone got an idea?
>>
>> I'm using Windows XP and openSUSE 10.3
>> gpg 1.4.9 and gpgme 1.1.4
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Florian
>>

> Hello Florian,
>
> You should do the gpgme_op_verify function before the
> gpgme_op_verify_result function.
>
> This web page:
> http://pyme.sourceforge.net/doc/gpgme/Verify.html#index-gpgme_005fop_005fverify-267
>
> is very informative.
>
> Hope that helps,
> -Bill Foster

Hello Bill,

that's not helping much, because I'm naturally doing this already :-)
Like I wrote above, the same code is working for me on linux, but I get
the GPGME_VALIDITY_UNKNOWN on windows with literally the same keyring!

(And I'm also wondering why I get the validity FULL on linux with gpgme,
even when gpg says the trust and the validity are ULTIMATE?)

Best Regards
Florian