assuan_set_io_hooks()

Ben Kibbey bjk at luxsci.net
Sat Sep 6 20:41:56 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 09:54:35AM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sat,  6 Sep 2008 01:45, bjk at luxsci.net said:
> > What do you think about assuan_set_io_hooks() setting the read and write
> > hooks per CTX rather than globally? I'm having problems when set
> > globally in a multi-threaded app after a fork().
>
> We plan some API cleanup anyway and thus it would be easy to extend
> assuan_set_io_hooks.  Would you mind to explain our problem?  What about
> calling assuan_set_io_hook (NULL) in the child right after the fork?

Strange things were happening from what I think was a dirty build.

Anyway, if there was a way to use the default IO handlers inside the
read and write hooks themselves, that might be an alternative.

--
Benjamin J. Kibbey bjk at luxsci.net/jabber/freenode
3019 F5FC AA33 5BC7 BE9F 09D2 393E DBD2 40D5 FA7E