gpgsm: Cert trouble GPG_ERR_NO_VALUE for GTE CyberTrust Global Root

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Apr 3 14:20:10 CEST 2009

On Thu,  2 Apr 2009 14:28, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> Something is wrong with
> CN=GTE CyberTrust Global Root,OU=GTE CyberTrust Solutions\, Inc.,O=GTE
> Corporation,C=US,serial#: 01A5
> http://www.telesec.de/service/GTE-CyberTrust-Global-Root.der
>
> gpgsm 2.0.11 can import, but not use it.
> The GPG_ERR_NO_VALUE is not conclusive.
> What is going on?

Here are the reasons for this error code:

GPG_ERR_NO_VALUE		No value

    GNUPG:  - A timestamp value is expect but there is none.
    KSBA:   - A timestamp value is expect but there is none.
            - A certificate is missing a required property.
            - A CMS object is missing a required property.
            - Converting a Distinguised Name to an RFC2253 string failed.

I doubt that this will help you.  I'll check the certificate.

Shalom-Salam,