Mailman and signatures (Re: Fix pinentry.tex lc-type command line option type)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 4 08:20:50 CET 2009

On Dienstag, 3. Februar 2009, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue,  3 Feb 2009 14:26, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> > (A patch for a part of the problem is available, Debian used to have it
> > applied to their Mailman.)
>
> it seems that Mailman still rewrites the MIME headers, right?  Why at
> all are they not abale to fix that problem.  Over years I have applied
> this or a similar patch and it is still not in upstream.

It is not just MIME-headers, but other header files as well.
I believe the problem results out of a bad design decision of the "email"
python library that does not save the full email. So a full fix would be a
partial rewrite of that library. (My patch only fixes part of the problem.)

> Will patch it.

Thanks.

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)