GnuPG and Python

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 26 08:39:33 CET 2009

Am Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2009 00:33:37 schrieb Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman:
> Igor Belyi wrote:
> > There's also http://py-gnupg.sourceforge.net/ which does not use GPGME
> > but executes gpg directly instead.

Igor, you are confirming that there is only one python gpgme interface
as py-gnupg does not seem to use gpgme. There are a couple of other non-gpgme
python interface attempts. (Which I am too lazy too look up right now.)

> I will take a look at it, too. Considering the very simple operations I
> have to perform, maybe using GPGME is an overkill, too...

Arturo,
I still recommend using gpgme, even for the simplest operation because the
fork and exe really never is simple.

Bernhard