Mac stuff!

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 22 10:58:18 CET 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:57, benjamin at py-soft.co.uk said:

> char * pin = (char *) [[pinentry getPINField] UTF8String];

The Qt version does the same:

  char *pin = (char *) pinentry.text().utf8();

I have not checked what the curses version does.  In general everything
should be utf8 but for historical reasons we have never enforced that so
that you may end up with a mismatch between using the command line
version and Pinentry or another GUI to enter the passphrase.

I would advice to use the too initially used to set the passphrase and
change the passphrase to a plain ascii one.  Later it can then be
changed using the GUI.

Salam-Shalom,