Issues with compiling gnupg 2.0.10 on Solaris with Sun Studio 11

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 22 14:23:47 CET 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:43, dam at opencsw.org said:

> - Altough a current libgpg-error is found the library is not used for
> binding:

> gpg_err_code_from_errno             libjnlib.a(stringhelp.o)
> gpg_err_code_from_syserror          libjnlib.a(stringhelp.o)

We had the same problem in tools/.  Over there we fixed it by linking to
libgpg-error:

  # jnlib/common sucks in gpg-error, will they, nil they (some compilers
  # do not eliminate the supposed-to-be-unused-inline-functions).

I do not like to add libgpg-error to jnlib/ so I will add stub fucntions
for it.

> nanosleep                           /opt/csw/lib/libassuan.a(assuan-

Tha list a libassuan problem and we need to solve this tehre.  Nelson
H. F. Beebe already reported that problem.

> bug_at                              gpg2keys_hkp-no-libgcrypt.o

I will look at it too.

> Is here something wrong with my compile environment or is there
> something

No.  It is just that we selectivly add required libraries and catching
errors is hard on systems where these libraries alrady exist as system
libraries.

Shalom-Salam,