Camellia for OpenPGP RFC published

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Jun 4 16:06:08 CEST 2009

On Jun 4, 2009, at 9:20 AM, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Thu,  4 Jun 2009 14:52, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:
>
>>        RFC 5581
>>
>>        Title:      The Camellia Cipher in OpenPGP
>
> It seems we can now remove camellia out of the experimental-do-no-use
> state.  Our Japanese friends will be glad to hear that.

I'd feel much better if there was more than one implementation done
for Camellia, just to prove there isn't some error somewhere.  The PGP
folks mentioned they would likely support Camellia eventually, but
it's not there to test with yet.  Maybe I'll quickly put some Camellia
support into openpgpsdk just to prove interoperability.

David