Camellia for OpenPGP RFC published

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 5 08:39:24 CEST 2009

On Fri,  5 Jun 2009 05:03, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> of a headache hiding there: libgcrypt uses 310-312 for the Camellia
> algorithm numbers and OpenPGP uses 11-13, so every call to

That is becuase Libgcrypt offically supports Camellia longer than
OpenPGP and to not mess up things Libgcrypt uses algorithm numbers > 255
if they don't map directly to the nu7mbers used by OpenPGP.

> gcry_cipher_* needs to call map_cipher_openpgp_to_gcry to sanitize the
> algorithm numbers before passing them to libgcrypt.  At the moment,

Yeah, I implemented that a year ago with the idea to do the mapping
while parsing and building OpenPGP messages.  As you noticed, it is not
complete yet.

Shalom-Salam,