new pinentry release with qt4 support?

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Jun 22 15:50:26 CEST 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
>> Rex Dieter wrote:
>>> Any news/plans on a new pinentry release that includes the new/shiny qt4
>>> support?
>> Stay tuned, it's upcoming (tonight).
>
> Tried it out, didn't get very far trying to build against (the latest)
> qt-4.5.1:
>
> In file included from pinentrydialog.cpp:246:
> pinentrydialog.moc:14:2: error: #error "This file was generated using the
> moc from 4.4.1. It"
> pinentrydialog.moc:15:2: error: #error "cannot be used with the include
> files from this version of Qt."
> pinentrydialog.moc:16:2: error: #error "(The moc has changed too much.)"
> secstring.cpp: In function 'secstring toUtf8(const secqstring&)':
>
> In file included from qsecurelineedit.cpp:3589:
> qsecurelineedit.moc:14:2: error: #error "This file was generated using the
> moc from 4.4.1. It"
> qsecurelineedit.moc:15:2: error: #error "cannot be used with the include
> files from this version of Qt."
> qsecurelineedit.moc:16:2: error: #error "(The moc has changed too much.)"

Yes.  Because there is support for qt3 and qt4, and qt doesn't integrate well
with autoconf, and we must simplfiy cross compilation to Windows platforms, we
ship with a default set of moc files that are not usable by everyone.

Simply go to the qt4 directory and execute moc manually:

moc pinentrydialog.h > pinentrydialog.moc
moc qsecurelineedit.h > qsecurelineedit.moc

Thanks,
Marcus