new pinentry release with qt4 support?

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Jun 27 11:18:38 CEST 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Simply go to the qt4 directory and execute moc manually:
>>
>> moc pinentrydialog.h > pinentrydialog.moc
>> moc qsecurelineedit.h > qsecurelineedit.moc
>
> Eww... that's far from ideal.  This will likely trip up most folks building
> the qt4 frontend, hopefully a better solution will come along soon.

> *cough* cmake?  *cough*  :)

If you can't say it without coughing, it ain't gonna happen :)

If you know how to improve the configure checks, you know where to send
patches.  Heck, if it's possible to run cmake from configure that could even
be an option, too.  But the i586-mingw32msvc cross-compilation case needs to
work (that is _our_ requirement).  Apart from that, my only idea is to remove
pinentry-qt(3), which could make writing configure checks easier.

It's true that we spoiled the most simple case, but we just don't have the
resources to cover all the cases, and the help from people who know what the
qt folks are up to is required here (but they are not interested in autoconf :-/).

Thanks,
Marcus