RSA+RSA is now the default

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Sat May 23 21:51:27 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just committed changes to the GnuPG trunk to make RSA with an RSA
> subkey the default.  This also changes the order of the presented
> algorithms, but 1 is still the default.

Dear Warner,

Will the order of the add sub key menu of algorithms also change?
Consistency across versions is always a good thing. IIRC in the past
when algorithms have changed or been removed the menus have remained
as consistent as possible across versions.

So, for example, there is no particular reason why the default answer
has to be number 1.

Best wishes,

Nicholas