keyserver scheme http broken?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 13 09:40:14 CET 2009

Am Freitag, 13. November 2009 05:12:30 schrieb David Shaw:
> Some keyservers run hkp over port 80 to deal with firewalls (so it's
> hkp://keyserver.example.com:80 in those cases).

Is there a list of those, similiar to keys.gnupg.net or http-keys.gnupg.net
from http://keystats.gnupg.net/?

> I'll take a look at gpg.texi and see if I can make this a bit clearer.

That would be wonderful.
If you are at it: I belive the "scheme" part of the example in the --keyserver
option should marked as optional. It should be said which the default is then
(probably hkp). I've noticed because "--keyserver keys.gnupg.net" just works
and it probably uses hkp. :)

Bernhard