DSA2 default status

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 18 17:28:55 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:47, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> Proposal: I think it's time to make --enable-dsa2 the default.  It's been supported for 3 years in GPG and almost as long in PGP.  Plus, the DSA key type is no longer the default in GPG anyway - it takes an explicit decision by a user to use DSA in the first place, which acts as the "opt-in".

I did quite some key signing last week for my DSA-2048 key.  In the past
I regulary received complaints that people were not able to sign it.
Let's see whether this is still the case or if almost all folks will be
able to sign my key.  I guess they are.  After that make --enable-dsa2
the default.

Shalom-Salam,