email hashes in PGP keys as protection against spam

Mon Oct 5 04:08:59 CEST 2009

Hello,

I would like to propose a small change to gpg (which I cannot do myself as
I am not a programmer) which should solve the spammers harvest key servers
problem.

The description is on my web site:
http://www.hauke-laging.de/ideen/gpg-hash/index.en.html

Google told me that several people are aware of the problem but that it's
importance is assessed differently. One mentioned the idea I had, too, but
thought it was not possible with openpgp. So I hope that my suggestion is
new (I haven't found anything about that in the mailing list archive).

I hope that somebody with the necessary capabilities finds this interesting
and easy enough to give it a try. :-)

Of course, I am interested in comments in order to improve the concept if
necessary.

Hauke