hkp

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Fri Oct 16 00:55:04 CEST 2009

[cc to sks-devel as this may be a SKS issue]

Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if that is the correct ml, if not sorry in advance.
>
> I don't want to use hkp, but rather http e.g.
> http://stinkfoot.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x517D0F0E

hkp is just http over port 11371.    hkp://<server.name.tld> is nothing more
than http://<server.name.tld>:11371 by definition.

> that works nicely, though I want to get the machine readable text, though
> adding "&options=mr" does not work. Is there a way to get mr code?

Hmm, this should probably go to the sks-devel list. There is code in place for
checking for the mr option and implementing it. If it's not working, it's a SKS
issue. (request.ml & dbserver.ml,)

It may be specific to the SKS version. keyserver.stinkfoot.org is running 1.0.10
which is known to have at least one other issue.

Does the mr work if you try a 1.1.0 version (pgp.mit.edu, pgp.surfnet.nl) or
1.1.1 (keyserver.gingerbear.net, keyserver.kim-minh.com)

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or