GPGME: Signature summary

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Oct 16 18:32:55 CEST 2009

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:51, mat69 at gmx.net said:

> So I have to assume that 0 tells me that it is mathematical correct, as it
> would be e.g. 4 otherwise?

Depends.

> I thought it was more than a checksum but rather telling me that the file was
> signed with a key of which I have the public version, if the owner of that key

Right.  However gpg can't tell you whether you know the key if you have
not told gpg that you know the key (signing it or through the WoT or via
a tight controlled keyring like gpgv does).

> In that case it would be great if the documentation could be adapted to this,
> mentioning when it would be zero.

This is a bit vector and not a scalar value you may compare to 0.  The
bit flags are all documented.

Shalom-Salam,