Experimental Algorithms again

Stefan Lorenz stefan.lorenz at stud.uni-saarland.de
Thu Sep 17 14:54:23 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am sorry for posting again, but we didn't find a solution to the
problem yet and didn't get any responses so far.

The main question is, whether it is possible, maybe using the Algorithm
type 100 (experimental), to attach own (key)data for an additional
algorithm, to an existing gpg key, or to import it into the keyring as a
standalone key. So far we achieved importing a key with experimental
algorithm type into the keyring, however we could not construct a valid
self-signed UID packet. We appreciate any hints on whether this is
possible at all and if so, how.

Best,
Stefan