Renaming AES to AES-128

Diego Elio Pettenò flameeyes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 00:55:37 CET 2010

Il giorno gio, 02/12/2010 alle 18.14 +0100, Werner Koch ha scritto:

> We don't hope that this will ever be the case.  In fact, even if we
> are
> going to change the way a function works we will be able to keep the
> old
> function as well as the new one (cf. symbol versioning ala glibc).  At
> least on real OSes.

Yes and no… symbol versioning is not as perfect as we'd like all to be,
from time to time an ABI break can have its advantages.

And don't be overconfident that "real OSes" mean glibc…

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/