Miscalculated Key ID and fingerprints when compiled for ARM

Rich Jones rich at anomos.info
Tue Feb 2 05:05:31 CET 2010

Hello!

I have complied a version of GPG for an ARM-based processor (this is
actually running a T-Mobile G1). I have found an interesting and
unfortunately fatal bug.

All imported keys are invalid as there is a miscalculated key ID and
fingerprint.

For example, on my real machine, --list-keys gives:

 pub   1024D/A1D39D09 2008-04-23
uid                  John M. Schanck <jms07 at hampshire.edu>
uid                  John M. Schanck <john at anomos.info>
sub   2048g/2B4C51FB 2008-04-23

but on the ARM version, the same command on the same imported key gives:

 pub   1024D/5267F8D8 2008-04-23
uid                  John M. Schanck <jms07 at hampshire.edu>
uid                  John M. Schanck <john at anomos.info>

The binary was compiled with the command: ./configure CC=gnupg-agcc
--host=arm-eabi --prefix=/data/data/org.gnupg.android.gnupg/
--disable-idea --disable-finger --disable-largefile
--with-zlib=$DROID/src/external/zlib
--with-bzip2=$DROID/external/bzip2 --with-included-regex
--disable-photo-viewers

Has anybody tried compiling GPG for ARM-EABI before? Does anybody have
any idea what could be causing this? Is this related to endianness?

Thanks ever so much and thanks for all your great work on this project,
Rich